Educational institutes in India are largely adopting industrial visits as a value-added learning method for management students. Learning from textbooks, lectures and other study material does not suffice for holistic learning. Practical, hands-on learning is essential for better understanding of work processes and business functions.
Industrial visits give greater clarity about important management concepts, as students practically experience how these concepts are put into action.
7 benefits of Industrial Visits for management students:
- For students pursuing professional education (Marketing/Finance/Operations/Supply Chain etc.), industrial visits help them gain hands-on experience of how industry operations are executed.
- Industry visits bridge the gap between theoretical training and practical learning in a real-life environment.
- Industry visits provide opportunity for active/interactive learning experiences in-class as well outside the classroom environment.
- With industry visits, students are able to better identify their prospective areas of work in the overall organizational function.
- Industry visits help enhance interpersonal skills and communication techniques.
- Students become more aware of industry practices and regulations during industry visits.
- Industry visits broaden the outlook of students with exposure to different workforces from different industries.
Watch the following video to understand how industrial visits by Welingkar Institute expose students and professionals to the in-depth functioning of a business.