After a long wait, you at last get that desired interview call. Now, the main point is to not only create a good impression, but a lasting one. Here are some tips to help you create the first and best impression:
- Research: Go over the company’s website thoroughly. Doing research about the company will prepare you on two fronts: one, you will be able to answer questions regarding the company, and other you can say how you well you can fit into the organisation.
- Attire: Wearing right clothes is as important as saying the right things. Look professional! This will reflect your seriousness about the job. The interviewer will form an initial opinion on the way you present yourself, so pick wisely.
- Punctuality: Don’t just be on time, be ahead of it. This will create a good impression along with giving you time to collect your nerves before the interview starts.
- Be Organised: Collate your documents properly, with your CV being on the top. Your sample work and other required documents should be easily accessible to you.
- Be confident: Body language is something that an interviewer will pay attention to, so be confident. Greet them with a smile and make sure your posture is not defensive. For example, don’t cross your hands while sitting, it portrays a closed up personality.
- Questions: Be prepared for the questions that will come your way. Education, previous experiences, and capabilities are the most commonly asked questions. Prior preparation will prevent any hesitation that you might face. This will help especially when you are given a chance to ask questions to the interviewer. Asking right questions shows involvement and interest in the job from your end.
- Appreciation: Before leaving always, thank the interviewer. It is a courteous gesture and creates a lasting impression.
Being prepared overall for your interview is essential. Workshops by Welingkar’s Hybrid Distance Education Programme help you create a lasting impression in the interview and hone the skills you need to ace an interview.